The NETGEAR EX3700 Wi-Fi Range Extender can help boost your signal to the farthest corners. This compact extender plugs into any standard wall outlet and acts as a relay between your router and devices like laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
The EX3700 extends your network’s range by up to 750 square feet. It picks up the existing signal from your Wi-Fi router and rebroadcasts it to create a bigger coverage area. Whether you have a large house, want to use the internet out on your deck, or just need a stronger connection in certain rooms, this range extender can help eliminate dead spots.
Getting the EX3700 up and running is simple. Just plug it in, open your Wi-Fi settings on your device, select the extender’s network and enter your router’s password. The extender then automatically connects to your main network and starts boosting the signal. There’s no need to configure any advanced settings. The extender has two internal antennas for good coverage and supports the latest Wi-Fi standards including 802.11ac.
Key Features of the EX3700 Extender
The NETGEAR EX3700 Wi-Fi Range Extender is an affordable and easy-to-use option to boost your home Wi-Fi coverage. For under $50, this compact extender can expand the range of your existing Wi-Fi network to cover up to 1,000 square feet.
Below are the Key Features:
- Fast speeds up to 750Mbps for streaming HD video and gaming. The extender connects to your router’s 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands, so you’ll get the fastest speeds possible for your devices.
- Easy setup with the push of a button. Just plug the extender in halfway between your router and the area with poor coverage, then press the WPS button on your router and extender to connect. The extender will automatically connect to the network name (SSID) and password (network key) of your main Wi-Fi.
- Compact design that blends in. The extender is about the size of a hockey puck so you can place it on a bookshelf, table or counter without it being an eyesore.
- Ethernet port to connect wired devices. If you have a device like a Smart TV, game console or desktop computer that needs a wired connection, the extender provides an Ethernet port so you can plug it in.
- Works with any standard Wi-Fi router. Whether you have a router from NETGEAR, Linksys, TP-Link or another brand, the EX3700 extender will work to boost its network. All you need is an existing network with an internet connection, router, and password.
How to Set Up and Use the EX3700
Setting up your NETGEAR EX3700 Wi-Fi range extender is pretty straightforward. Once you unbox it, here are the steps to get it up and running:
1. Positioning the Extender
First, find a spot roughly halfway between your router and the area where you want to boost the Wi-Fi coverage. The extender needs to pick up a strong signal from your router, so place it within the range of your network. Try to set it up in a central location, free of obstructions. For the best results, avoid positioning it near large electronics like microwaves, televisions or gaming consoles which can interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
2. Connecting to the Extender
Next, plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for it to power on. The LED indicator lights on the front will start flashing. From a device like your phone, tablet or laptop, search for the extender’s network which will be named after your existing Wi-Fi network followed by “_EXT”. Connect to that new network.
A web browser window should automatically open and prompt you to set up the extender. If it does not, open any web browser and enter www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address bar. Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account and connect the extender to your existing Wi-Fi network. You’ll need to enter your network name (SSID) and password.
3. Testing the New Extended Network
Once setup is complete, the LED indicator lights on the extender will turn solid blue. This means it has successfully connected to your router and is extending the range of your Wi-Fi. The extender has created a new extended Wi-Fi network that will have the same SSID or network name as your main one, so now all your Wi-Fi devices should automatically connect to the strongest signal.
Test the new extended coverage in the areas of your home where the Wi-Fi signal used to drop off. You should notice faster speeds and a more reliable connection. Make sure every device is connecting to either your router’s network or the extender’s extended one. If needed, you may have to manually select the network on some devices.
READ ALSO- The Hyperice Venom 2 Back Review
With some small adjustments to the placement and settings, your NETGEAR EX3700 should help eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones and boost coverage throughout your place. Enjoy your new and improved wireless connectivity! Let me know if you have any other questions.